Tactical 360 - Enhancing Fireground Strategies and Tactics
The Indiana Fire Instructors Association (IFIA) is pleased to announce that we will be hosting world-renowned thermal imaging expert Chief Andy Starnes from Insight Training LLC.
This is a unique cost-effective opportunity that will be done via a Zoom Video Interactive Live webinar classroom. Date: May 22nd 2019 from 6:30 pm-9:30 pm EST.
Today’s modern fire ground places stringent demands on our firefighters. We are required to formulate our strategies and tactics at 15 times the speed as we did in the past due to the high heat release rate fuels in structure fires. These fires develop faster and are predominantly ventilation limited fires with heavy, turbulent, black smoke that reduces our visibility. Tactical Thermal Imaging enhances a firefighter’s decision-making skill set by providing thermal data. This data allows firefighters to:
• Quickly locate the location and severity of the fire
• Locate tough hidden fires via thermal cues & clues
• Identify the flow path and direction of travel
• Determine the most path & prevent development
• Enhances stream placing our streams are needed most.
Students who participate in this training will receive a classroom portion covering the key attributes of thermal imaging, contraindications of thermal imaging, the aforementioned skill sets, and additional uses of tactical thermal imaging. Then the students will be introduced to the following concepts:
• Tactical 360
• Identifying Flow Path, Fire Direction of travel, and Access points
• Go/No-Go Decision Making
• Enhanced Stream Placement
• Enhanced Search Methodology
A high-speed internet connection and projection TV/monitor with speakers is required for this presentation.
- Hits: 1001